Welcome to the Dublin’s Golden Cup page for 2018!
- The tournament handbook with details about everything to do with the weekend is online here: MAGIC DGC 2018 BIBLE.
- The schedule for games this weekend can be found here: DGC 2018 SCHEDULE. We will update it after each round of games.
- Team Registration closed on February 28th
- The team list of selected teams is at the bottom of this page
- We have space for 16 teams this year
- If you need to contact us we are at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be a chance to volunteer or pick up – details to follow in due course
PICK UP REGISTRATION
- Over the last few editions of DGC lots of players from all across the world picked up with club teams and/or with the pick up team. They had a really good time and left with loads of new friends.
- We would love to give players the chance to do that again this year despite there not being room for a full pick up team.
- The pick up list is now closed.
- We will be using the same fields as the past three years in Westmanstown
- Buses will run from the city centre to the fields each morning of the tournament and will bring you back each evening
- We will supply all teams with a list of hostels, BnBs, hotels and more for you to arrange to stay in. There will be something for every budget.
- We hope to partner with some hostels in the city centre. More information about this will go to teams once registered.
- Accommodation will not be included in the team fees this year.
BONUS TOURIST ADVENTURES
- Want to see more of Dublin and the surrounding parts? Of course you do!
- Arrive early: Friday afternoon – check out the Guinness Storehouse with our 12:30pm tour
- Stay Late: Swim in the sea and then go to the city for a Jameson Distillery whisky tasting
- Note: paid in tours cost money & will need to be booked in advance! 😉
- Player fees will be finalised before registration. They will be €60 per player
- There will be no team fee
- Fees will include a buffet breakfast and team lunch at the fields each day, a Saturday night meal, player gifts, transport to the fields, two days of Ultimate, three parties (very good parties too!), emergency medical cover, a physiotherapist at the fields, pitch side water, day time entertainment by the fields and more
- As with every year we will have three parties – A Welcome Party on the Friday in a lovely Irish pub with lots of tasty Guinness called the Glimmer Man, A Saturday Night Dress Up Party with a céilí (Irish dancing lessons included!) and a A Farewell Party on the Sunday night so you go home with a warm heart and a full belly 😉
- Parties will take place in the city centre, which is easily navigated on foot
- February 1st: Registration open
- February 28th: Registration closed
- March 9th: Team list announced
- March 16th: €200 deposit due to confirm spot
- June 1st: All player fees due
- August 1st: Schedule Released
- August 10th: Guinness Storehouse Tour & Welcome Party
- August 11th: Games begin & Big Party
- August 12th: Finals & Leaving Party
- August 13th: Sea swim & Jameson Distillery tour (cost TBC)
TEAM LIST FOR DGC 2018 (Last update: August, 2018).
- Brighton Breezy (Brighton, UK)
- DGC All Starrs 2017 (International)
- Every Sperm Is Sacred (Dublin, Ireland)
- Jabba the Huck (Dublin, Ireland)
- Magic Disc (Angers, France)
- Mixed Veg (Dublin, Ireland)
- Mr Friz – Dulenn’s Bagadou (Rennes, France)
- Plámás (Belmullet, Ireland)
- Quartet (Dublin, Ireland)
- Reading Ultimate (Reading, UK)
- Thundering Herd (London, UK)
- Tich Ultimat (Dublin, Ireland & Brussels, Belgium)
- Too Many Cooks (Utrecht, Netherlands)
- Tribe (Galway, Ireland)
- Uproar (Maynooth, Ireland)
- Zanarkand Abes (Various, France)