Welcome to the Dublin’s Golden Cup page for 2018!
- Registration closed on February 28th
- The team list of selected teams is at the bottom of this page
- We have space for 16 teams this year
- If you need to contact us we are at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be a chance to volunteer or pick up – details to follow in due course
- We will be using the same fields as the past three years in Westmanstown
- Buses will run from the city centre to the fields each morning of the tournament and will bring you back each evening
- We will supply all teams with a list of hostels, BnBs, hotels and more for you to arrange to stay in. There will be something for every budget.
- We hope to partner with some hostels in the city centre. More information about this will go to teams once registered.
- Accommodation will not be included in the team fees this year.
BONUS TOURIST ADVENTURES
- Want to see more of Dublin and the surrounding parts? Of course you do!
- Arrive early: Friday morning & afternoon hike in Glendalough, Wicklow
- Stay Late: Swim in the sea and then go to the city for a Jameson Distillery whisky tasting and Guinness Storehouse tour
- Note: paid in tours cost money & will need to be booked in advance! 😉
- Player fees will be finalised before registration. They will be €60 per player
- There will be no team fee
- Fees will include a buffet breakfast and team lunch at the fields each day, a Saturday night meal, player gifts, transport to the fields, two days of Ultimate, three parties (very good parties too!), emergency medical cover, a physiotherapist at the fields, pitch side water, day time entertainment by the fields and more
- As with every year we will have three parties – A Welcome Party on the Friday in a lovely Irish pub with lots of tasty Guinness, A Saturday Night Dress Up Party with a céilí (Irish dancing lessons included!) and a A Farewell Party on the Sunday night so you go home with a warm heart and a full belly 😉
- Parties will take place in the city centre, which is easily navigated on foot
PICK UP PLAYERS
Don’t have a team? Still want to come to play? There will be the spot for you to register individually as of May. Teams needed players will then contact you. There will be no pick up team this year.
- February 1st: Registration open
- February 28th: Registration closed
- March 9th: Team list announced
- March 16th: €200 deposit due to confirm spot
- June 1st: All player fees due
- August 1st: Schedule Released
- August 9th: Day trip to Wicklow (cost TBC)
- August 10th: Welcome Party
- August 11th: Games begin & Big Party
- August 12th: Finals & Leaving Party
- August 13th: Sea swim, Guinness Storehouse & Jameson Distillery tours (cost TBC)
TEAM LIST FOR DGC 2018 (Last update: March 9th, 2018).
- Brighton Breezy (Brighton, UK)
- DGC All Starrs 2017 (International)
- Dublin Gravity (Dublin, Ireland)
- Every Sperm Is Sacred (Dublin, Ireland)
- #FlatPerth (Various, UK)
- Jabba the Huck (Dublin, Ireland)
- Magic Disc (Angers, France)
- Mixed Veg (Dublin, Ireland)
- Mr Friz – Dulenn’s Bagadou (Rennes, France)
- Plámás (Belmullet, Ireland)
- Quartet (Dublin, Ireland)
- Thundering Herd (London, UK)
- Too Many Cooks (Utrecht, Netherlands)
- Tribe (Galway, Ireland)
- Uproar (Maynooth, Ireland)
- Zanarkand Abes (Various, France)
- Tich Ultimate (Dublin, Ireland & Brussels, Belgium)
- DGC 2018 Pick Up Team (International)