Dublin’s Golden Cup 2020 is cancelled!
APRIL 2020 – DGC 2020 is cancelled
Unfortunately, much like many tournaments before us and possibly many after us, we have come to the decision to cancel Dublin’s Golden Cup 2020. We have been wondering if we should wait a little bit longer to see if things get better but we feel like now is the best time to make the decision and cancel the tournament.
Naturally we are disappointed given the efforts we have put in and the plans we have made. We are sad that the list of 24 teams we had just finalised cannot come and put on the show we were expecting and we know many of you had made travel plans already. However, all that disappointment is relative to what is happening around us and we want our visitors, our staff, our local players and all the other people involved in our event to be safe. We can’t guarantee that at the moment so we are going to cancel the event and come back stronger, bigger and better in August 2021.
As always we will be looking at the first weekend of the month which will be the 7th and 8th in 2021 so please mark it in that calendar and most importantly, stay safe.
Big love from TDs Marko, Darron & Shane and the whole DGC 2020 Crew
- Team Registration is closed as of February 29th
- The final team list is at the bottom of the page
- The waiting list is also at the bottom of the page
- If you need to contact us we are at email@example.com
- There will be a chance to volunteer or pick up
- We will be using the same fields as the past four years in Westmanstown
- We have a really good relationship with the team out there and are excited to be going back!
- For the 2020 tournament our merchandise supplier will be LOOKFLY! We can’t wait to work with such a cool and fun group of people again. They will have jerseys, hats, discs and more for sale. Make sure to swing by their tent at Tournament HQ
- Check them out here: https://www.lookfly.com/
- We will supply all teams with a list of hostels, BnBs, hotels and more for you to arrange to stay in. There will be something for every budget.
- Camping at the fields is ON! You can either camp in your own tent or in a shared, hard floor marquee. Full details on email to captains.
- Accommodation will not be included in the team fees.
- Would you like to be a part of our volunteer team??
- We are looking for volunteers to help us run the biggest Mixed tournament in Ireland. This year is our sixth edition, seeing teams camping on site and a Friday night party at tourney HQ! It’s going to be special! What do you get for helping us?!
- Entry to 3 parties!
- 5 delicious meals!
- Free pizza!
- Free DGC Lookfly volunteers jersey!
- High level ultimate!
- Our eternal gratitude! 😎👍🏻
- Sign up soon
- We are really excited to announce that Focus Ultimate will be providing photography and video for us again this year.
- You can see more of their excellent work on their website and their Facebook page
BONUS TOURIST ADVENTURES
- Want to see more of Dublin and the surrounding parts? Of course you do!
- Arrive early: Friday afternoon – check out the Guinness Storehouse with a special DGC 2020 tour
- Stay Late: Swim in the sea and then go to the city for a Jameson Distillery whisky tasting
- Note: paid in tours cost money & will need to be booked in advance! 😉
- Player fees will be €75 per player
- There will be no team fee. (The deposit paid in April will be subtracted from your final bill)
- Fees will include a buffet breakfast and team lunch at the fields each day, a Saturday night meal, player gifts, two days of Ultimate, three parties (very good parties too!), emergency medical cover, a physiotherapist at the fields, pitch side water, day time entertainment by the fields and more.
- As with every year we will have three parties – A Welcome Party on the Friday in the venue’s own pub with lots of tasty Guinness, A Saturday Night Dress Up Party and a A Farewell Party on the Sunday night so you go home with a warm heart and a full belly 😉
- NOTE: The main parties on Friday and Saturday night will take place at the venue – this is a change from previous years!
- January 25th: Registration open
- February 29th: Registration closed
- March 2nd: Team list announced
- April 1st: €200 deposit due to confirm spot
- June 1st: All player fees due – €75 per player
- August 1st: Schedule Released
- August 2nd: Tournament Handbook released
- Friday August 7th: Guinness Storehouse Tour & Welcome Party
- Saturday August 8th: Games begin & Big Party
- Sunday August 9th: Finals & Leaving Party
- Monday August 10th: Jameson Distillery tour
TEAM LIST FOR DGC 2020
(Last update: 09/03/2020)
C = Confirmed, TBC – Not confirmed, DP – Deposit Paid
- Ah Ou Puc (France) – C
- Bumblebees (Ireland) – C
- Colorado (Germany) – C
- Disc Maniac Delegates (International) – C
- ESIS – Every Sperm Is Sacred (Ireland) – C
- GB Mixed Masters (Great Britain) – C
- Grandmaster Flash (Poland) – C
- Guildford Ultimate (England) – C
- Hallunken (Germany)
- Jabba the Huck (Ireland) – C
- Mixed Veg (Ireland) – C
- PELT Ultimate (Ireland) – C
- Ponyhof (Germany) – C
- Reading Ultimate (England)
- Révolution’Air (France) – C
- Seven Nation Army (International) – C
- SMOG (England) – C
- Tbo (USA) – C
- That’s My Frank (USA) – C
- Thundering Herd (England) – C
- Tosti (Netherlands) – C
- Tich Ultimate (Ireland & Belgium) – C
- Tribe (Ireland) – C
- Uproar (Ireland) – C
- Plámás Ultimate (Ireland)
- Discgusting (England)
- Hund Flach Werfen (Germany)
- South Wales Storm (Wales)
- Ireland U25 Mixed (Ireland)
- MUC (England)
- Zoo (England)
- Dublin’s Golden College (Ireland)
- SDDU (Ireland)
UNABLE TO COME
- People Doc Likes (Ireland)
- FlyHigh Lausanne (Switzerland)
- Oy Vey! (Israel)
Watch out for new info on our DGC Facebook page and if you want to contact us, feel free to drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org